Dear Sauk Creek Applicant,
We are working to help keep our community safe and pleasant for our residents. Therefore, we use screening
procedures to evaluate each prospective resident before we rent. These procedures are listed below. Reasons
why an application may be rejected are also listed. We urge you to read this information carefully before you
complete an application. Please talk to the rental agent if you have any questions or need more information. We
welcome applications from persons who meet our application standards.
- Each adult applicant (18 years of age and older) must fill out an application completely. The application must
be completely filled out, signed and application fee included, to be considered. If any information on the application
is false, the application will not be approved.
- We require applications to have gross monthly income of three (3) times the monthly rent, or to show they have successfully
paid a higher portion of their income for rent for at least two years (previous income used for comparison should be similar to
or less than current income).
- Applicants must have a successful rent payment history. If you have been evicted from a previous apartment during the past
five years due to non-payment of rent, your application will not be accepted.
- Applicants must have a successful rental history. If you have been evicted during the past five years for behavior that
includes causing disturbance, threatening other persons, damaging an apartment or other reason, your application will be rejected.
If a previous landlord reports such behavior, your application will be rejected.
The following information for every applicant is checked by us or our rental representative:
- Credit report, as it relates to total debts, rent and utility payments and judgments and collections against you. Credit
reports are also used to verify validity of information provided by you.
- Amount of income. Applicants who are self-employed will be asked to submit the previous two years’ tax returns
to verify amount of income.
- References from at least the two most recent landlords (more if needed to obtain a complete rental history for
the last two years), to determine an applicant’s rent payment history and behavior.
- Court eviction records from the county where you have lived during the past five years, to determine whether you have
been evicted during the past five years for any reason.
To help keep our apartments safe and pleasant, we have established the following rules. Failure to observe them
will RESULT IN EVICTION:
- All renters are responsible for the actions and behavior of themselves and their guests. Any damage caused by a guest
will be the responsibility of the renter.
- ILLEGALACTIVITIES ARE PROHIBITED.
- Excessive noise and disturbances are prohibited.
- Threatening other persons or property is prohibited.
- Permitting any person to reside in the premises who is not on the lease is grounds for eviction.
We require an earnest money deposit of $25.00 per adult to be submitted with every completed application. If your
application is not accepted, the full earnest money deposit will be returned to you. If your application is accepted,
the full earnest money deposit will be applied towards the security deposit. If your application is accepted and you do
not rent the apartment, actual costs and damages incurred will be deducted from deposit. Deposits may also be withheld as
compensation for lost rent if the landlord makes reasonable efforts to mitigate rental loss in accordance
with 704.29 Wis. Stats. You may review a copy of the rental agreement and all written rules before you complete
this application or pay any earnest money. Rental agreements and rules are available from our rental agent. We
reserve the right to modify the criteria subject to current market factors.
If you choose to provide us with personal information (via e-mail to us or by using one of our online services), we will
only use the information provided by you to respond to your message or to help us perform the service you have initiated.
Any personal information you provide via our web site is is retained only for the length of time necessary to fulfill the
purpose for which it was collected, and use that information only for the purpose for which you provided it.
The personal information you submit using Internet services such as e-mail or by filling out a web-based form and submitting
it through our web site is not encrypted and may not be secure while it is in transit to us. However, we never request any
payment or credit card information though these communication methods. Such information would be collected through secure
and encrypted web pages.
Sauk Creek Apartment Homes is not responsible for the use or misuse of information while it is in transit from your
Internet server to ours. If you have any questions about the security of the transmission and storage of information
from your server/system to ours, you should contact your Internet service provider.
If you are concerned about sending your personal information to us via the Internet, you can use another method such as
our online services, please contact us directly.
Sauk Creek Apartments
12 Sayner Court #57
Madison, WI 53717